Prepare the empty water bottle: Add a slit down the side with the knife. A retractable blade utility knife works best because it gives you a clean, less noticeable cut down the side.
Recycling plastic water bottles is better for the planet, so why not add one extra function before disposing… by creating some fun and intrigue? So, finish the water in the bottle and grab a knife.
Call someone over and ask if you can use their phone. Or even just use your own phone to simplify.
We spend too much time on our cellphones, don’t you think? How about taking a break from it for a bit?
Hold up the water bottle and place the phone alongside it, on the side of the slit. Make sure that you don’t reveal the slit.
I’m about to transport your phone into this closed bottle… you ready?
Add a count of three while gently tapping the phone against the bottle to hype up the reveal. On ‘three’ slam the phone into the slit, leaving the phone inside the plastic bottle. Show them that it can’t come out the top.
Before they can explore the bottle and phone, take out your knife and pretend to cut the slit with it, covering evidence of the earlier cut.
- Remember to recycle, just take the phone out first.
- Your phone looked a little thirsty, all better now.
- Next we try it with a full bottle, is your phone waterproof?
You can change the objects used to be transported into the bottle. Example, it also works with a coin.
How did you do that?
Wouldn’t it just be easier to put your phone on silent?
What would Evian say about this?
- When you want to make people’s eyes open wide.
- When you want to get people excited.
- When you want to have some crazy fun with your mobile phone.
- the office canteen
- team building events
- the breakfast table
- socializing at the pub
- A mobile phone and a plastic water bottle
- Cut a slit in an empty plastic water bottle that is big enough for a mobile phone to fit through.
- You will need to try this a few times in front of a mirror to get this down pat.
- Be careful when using a knife.
Do It Yourself (DIY)
your mobile phone and an empty plastic mineral water bottle
a 500 ml water bottle won’t fit in your pocket
you may cut up a few water bottles doing this
time to impact time to impact
pretty much there and then
size of audience size of audience
one-on-one or a small group
possible health risk possible health risk
be careful when using a knife
reusable how many times you can use it
once or twice
training needed training needed
practice this a few times on your own