Card tricks require some skill, but not in this case. Cellphones are everywhere - use this to your advantage by placing your phone under the area where you’re displaying the cards.
In this fast-paced world, it’s important to take time to reflect on things. For great reflection and connection, grab your cellphone and a normal pack of playing cards.
Shuffle the cards or just spread them out, so that others can only see the back of the card. Doing this outdoors should also help increase reflection levels.
Do you mind helping me work on my card guessing skills, I’m getting quite good.
Casually hold the cards over the phone, not too obviously, and avoid looking directly at the phone.
Pick a card, any card.
As the person picks the card, casually and briefly check what they selected in the reflection of the phone screen.
Is the card a … (as seen in reflection).
This should impress them. And you can continue to guess the correct cards, several times in a row.
- It’s important to reflect on things that are important to you, right?
- This is easy to do when you use more than 10% of your brain.
- Your guess is as good as mine, except I’m not guessing.
Keep them selecting for several cards in a row, then start criticizing their choices before they even see what they’ve drawn. “Just make sure it’s not a four of spades… please tell me it’s not a queen of hearts,” etc.
Can you tell me who is going to call me next?
Can you see the future?
What am I going to choose next?
- When you want to get people smiling.
- When you want to create some amazement.
- When you want to have some fun.
- the office canteen
- team building events
- informal gatherings
- socializing at the pub
- at a picnic
- A mobile phone (preferably a smart phone, with a decent size screen) and a pack of playing cards
- Make sure the phone is lying in front of you, and that you can see the screen.
- Try this on your own first and you will be ready in no time.
- Don’t start grooming your hair in the reflection on your phone’s screen or you will get bust.
Do It Yourself (DIY)
a mobile phone and some playing cards
the cards and phone should fit in your pockets
phones and cards are everywhere
time to impact time to impact
pretty much there and then
size of audience size of audience
one-on-one or a small group
possible health risk possible health risk
just have fun
reusable how many times you can use it
training needed training needed
play with this on your own for a bit and you will get the hang of it fast