Bet someone that you can make them say the word, ‘seven’.
Lucky Number 7
Being able to direct a conversation is a good skill, being able to do it with humour is even better. Here’s a short word story to create smiles.
Now start the process with some simple sums.
What’s 2 + 2?
They should answer 4.
Okay, you’re sharp, how about 1 + 2?
They’ll answer 3.
Finally, what’s 3 + 3?
They’ll answer 6.
I told you I could make you say 6.
They should answer by telling you that you originally said 7.
The bet is won.
- Do you want to try it again with the number 8?
- You have much to learn young Skywalker.
- Seven’s considered a lucky number, just not when playing roulette.
Bet them that they can get you to say any number of their choice, following the same rules. When they start using the simple maths equations, immediately give them the answer they’re looking for.
Is 7 really a lucky number?
Do you catch everyone with this?
Why was 6 afraid of 7?
- When you want to get people thinking laterally.
- When you want to get people intrigued.
- When you want to have a bit of fun.
- informal gatherings
- team building events
- mentoring sessions
- customer visits
- socializing at the bar
- Just your presence
- Keep the script in mind – if you forget, you could wing it quite easily.
- Run through the script a few times and you will be a guru.
- Just have fun.
Do It Yourself (DIY)
your guess is as good as ours
time to impact time to impact
pretty much there and then
size of audience size of audience
possible health risk possible health risk
reusable how many times you can use it
training needed training needed
keep the script in mind