Prepare beforehand. Use the video camera on your cellphone to film a coin on a solid-coloured surface, such as fabric or paper. When filming, slide the surface sideways, so that it appears that the coin is sliding out of the frame on your phone.
Now that you’ve mastered <a href="http://coolfidence.com/cellphone-banking-icebreaker-3098">Cellphone Banking</a>, where you can create well-priced fun with a cash note and a photograph, it’s time to step up to another level and incorporate some video skill.
Now place the exact same coin under the phone, held by your finger. Don’t let it be seen until the reveal.
There’s something rattling around in my phone, I think it’s a coin… take a look.
When the person checks your screen with the coin on it in video mode, push play. When the coin slides across the screen and out of the screen frame, reveal the actual coin from under the phone. It’ll look like it slid out of the phone and into your hand in real life.
- That’s better, no more rattling.
- You can always find coins in the back of the couch, or in your cellphone.
- It’s time for change.
Instead of one coin, film a few coins sliding out of the phone screen, and ending up with a handful of real coins in your hand.
You got a coin slot in your phone?
Can you get me some change for the parking meter?
Is your phone like an ATM?
- When you want to get people curious.
- When you want to create some buzz.
- When you want to have some fun with your mobile phone.
- the office canteen
- informal meetings
- customer visits
- cocktail parties
- socializing at the pub
- A mobile phone and a coin
- Make sure you have created the video and are ready to roll.
- Practice makes perfect. This is dead easy, and so much fun.
- Try not let the coin/s make any clinking noises.
Do It Yourself (DIY)
your mobile phone
your phone is in your pocket, always
don’t drop your phone
time to impact time to impact
pretty much there and then
size of audience size of audience
one-on-one or a small group
possible health risk possible health risk
don’t go through all your loose change
reusable how many times you can use it
training needed training needed
practice this a few times