Use the SOME RESPECT card that you’ve made yourself, or handwritten on the back of your business card.
Or use the pro version laminated card from the Coolfidence institute. Just make sure it’s bold and easily readable.
Conceal it in an easy to reach spot such as a pocket or wallet.
Having more than one card available is even better.
Engage the person or small group that you’re connecting with.
Sometimes people don’t value you enough, don’t you agree? No respect.
But not us, we’ve got respect for each other right?
Reach into pocket for card.
In fact, I want to give you something right now …
Take a few moments to reveal the surprise. Pull out the card and show it clearly.
I’m showing you some respect.
How’s that make you feel?
Hand card to person.
Take it, do you mind showing it to me?
Now we’ve both shown each other respect, what a great day.
Some extra lines you can try throughout
- Tell everyone back at your office where you always get the most respect.
- Don’t tell me I never show you respect.
- I’ll also even respect you in the morning.
- Man, if Rodney Dangerfield was still around… he could also finally get some respect.
- Mimicking Aretha Franklin song: R-E-S-P-E-C-T, just gave you some for free.
- Great job on that presentation, in fact, I wanted to give you something ... (reveal card).
- If someone says something you don’t agree with and you want to make light of situation: Reveal the card to them after their statement then throw it behind you and say: I’ve just lost some respect for you.
Save the images to your mobile phone. You can also then show someone SOME RESPECT straight off your phone. Digital respect, at your fingertips.